Are you a writer? Do you desire to write a short story, novel or memoir. Well before putting pen to paper or fingers on the keyboard, you first have to become inspired. A plot, character or scene has to capture you in a way even you as a writer can’t wait to figure out what is going to happen next. Here are 25 ways to be inspired as a writer.
1. Listen to music
2. Watch a movie
3. Read a book
4. Watch the news or read the newspaper
5. Go for a walk
6. Look at photographs
7. Scroll through social media
8. Write down what’s on your mind
9. Reflect on your personal experiences and situations
10. Pull from family and friends experiences and situations
12. Write based off a dream
13. Create a mind map
14. Use a writing prompt book (amazon affiliate link)
15. Listen to the radio
16. Unplug from technology
17. Immerse yourself in another culture
18. Think of a retelling of a classic book
19. Enhance some of your old writing
20. Pay attention to interaction of people (example: a coffee shop)
21. Think of a quote which has helped, inspired or motivated you
22. Remember why you are a writer
23. Don’t be afraid to write even if you think your idea isn’t the best
24. Try a new skill
How Do You Become Inspired When Writing?
6 thoughts on “25 Ways to Be Inspired When Writing”
good list. i am learning the ropes of writing and will try these out
Thank you so much. Writing is a fantastic craft and it’s all about using different techniques. I hope these help you in your writing journey.
Reading and commenting on blogs inspires me. I really like getting ideas from blogs far out of my niche. Forces me to think bigger.
I can definitely agree with you there. 😀
It’s indeed a great joy to land on your page today.
I am here today via Mary Fernandez’ webinar.
Good to meet you I just downloaded your ebook
will read and come back to you.
This post is indeed another resource for writing
Great ways to get inspiration from unexpected sources LOL
I do listen light music when writing, this i learned from my son even when he study his college texts he listens to music, i scolded him several times and later i followed his foot steps!!! LOL
Thanks Kristen for sharing these valuable tips!
Have a good time of sharing and caring
Thank you so much Philip for your kind words. I am glad these tips are helpful and I hope my ebook is helpful to you as well.
Comments are closed.